Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Secure in Love

The other night, I couldn't sleep. It was so awesome! I've had a lot of my mind lately. This time in my life is so full of cross-roads and possibilities. I get excited and scared and nervous about what's next for me. That night, I was too full of that to sleep and so...I talked to God.

I've prayed for many years but I can't remember ever praying like I did then. I was just talking like I'd talk to my mom or a good friend. And as I poured out my thoughts, I was overwhelmed by the lavish love of my God. He wants to talk to me. Can you believe it? He wants to hear all about my rambling, chaotic, sin-riddled life.

Like every girl, I have moments of insecurity. Moments when I don't feel special or beautiful or worth very much. Talking to my Savior takes all that away. No matter what else - God, my Creator, loves me and calls me His. That is an empowering thought, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment