Thursday, March 1, 2012

Me = Decrease

So stinking nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a interview yesterday for a job at the Writing Center here at school. I want this job SOOOO badly! Its right on campus, so super convenient, and its all about writing! Its like the dream job for a writer!!!

I hear back today if I got it and my stomach literally feels twisted in knots. This is such a huge deal for me, its hard to trust God with it! The walk from art class to a computer (basically across campus) was the longest of my life until I could check my email for the millionth time. It has been a long day...

But when I really get tensed up, that's when I start telling myself to trust. This job would be amazing, but there are so many bigger things in my life. If God can handle my entire life plan, I think He's got my interview. That doesn't guarantee He'll work it all out the way I want but whether I get this job or not, it will be HIS will. If I do, then I can get to know my fellow mentors and other students to the glory of God. If I don't, I can have a joyful attitude and start looking for another job to the glory of God!

I think John the Baptist said it best when confronted with the fact that his followers were leaving to go follow Jesus instead: "He must increase but I must decrease."

No comments:

Post a Comment