Thursday, March 8, 2012

His Beloved Failure

Fail.

Why is it so hard to.... (fill in the blank) eat healthy, exercise regularly, keep my thoughts pure. I know from being taught and from personal experience that sin doesn't pay off. It feels great for a second and then, I feel depressed and yucky because I failed...again. Staying healthy is the same thing. I feel so much cleaner, stronger, better in everything when I eat right and exercise and yet, so often I take the extra cookie or two or three anyway.

How come we always feel sorriest after we've sinned? I'm often discouraged by how I think about or care about the consequences of my actions beforehand. I'm sorry after. How come I can't pull that forward and prevent the yuckiness?

But, totally amazing, there's one thing stronger then my depressed blah feel. Christ's love. He knows EXACTLY how many times in my life I will look at sin and pick it anyway even though I know it won't pay off. He knows every time I don't take care of my body like I should. He knows all of it and He still looked at me from the beginning of time and said: 'I want her to be Mine.' That makes me want to never sin again. God picked me! God loves me! And I repay Him with disobedience and half hearted affection. What a miserable Christian I am, but oh what an unbelievably gracious God He is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment