Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Focus

It is so easy to live for ourselves. As humans, we think in terms of 'I'. I want to sleep. I want my free time. I want to buy me stuff with my money. But God is asking for so much more than that.

What if we actually started living for Jesus? That's hard to even think about. But seriously? What if we stopped thinking in terms on 'I' and started thinking in terms of 'Him'? What if everything we did revolved around pleasing and obeying a God who decidedly to love us for no reason other than He wanted to?

Do we realize how much of Him He has chosen to focus on us? We are chosen by God. Not a genii, not a nice grandfather, not a Clockmaker in the Sky. A God who is powerful, knows everything we've ever done, said or though, and active in the world. A God who hates sin, who is perfectly holy and pure, who is called the Consuming Fire, the Morning Star, the Lion of Judah, the Judge of the World. But also called The Good Shepherd, the Prince of Peace, and the Saviour of the World. That God, that same one, loves you.

Will we give Him leftovers of our time, the end scraps of every day?

Will you dare to give Him everything and watch the amazing ride He takes you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment